This recipe is full of flavor, extremely easy, while also looking kind of fancy. The toughest part is taking the time to get the polenta to the right consistency. It always seems to take more milk and more time than you would think.
- 1 lb Italian Sausage (use any kind, hot, sweet, chicken, whatever you're feeling)
- 1/2 Each of a Red, Green, and Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- Olive Oil
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 Tube Polenta (often found in the pasta aisle)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Start the polenta by putting it in a pot with 1/2 cup of milk over medium heat. It will start out really thick. Once it heats fully, keep adding milk a splash at a time and cook for a couple more minutes. Do this until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Put the sausage on the grill and cook until done
- Meanwhile, slice the peppers and onions into strips
- Drizzle a large pan with olive oil and cook the peppers and onions over medium heat until soft
- Warm up the jar of marinara sauce in a pot on the stove
- Once the sausage is done, take them off the grill and slice on a bias
- Mix the sliced sausage in with the peppers and onions
- When the polenta is creamy, spoon onto a plate
- Top with the pepper/onion/sausage mixture
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the warm marinara on top
- Finish with a sprinkle (or giant handful if you're me) of Parmesan cheese.