Ever since we discovered the Trader Joe’s frozen pizza crust, we’ve become pizza experimenting experts. This Prosciutto Zucchini Pizza is no exception, and did not disappoint!
I was inspired by an impulse magazine purchase in the check out line of Target. I honestly haven’t bought a magazine in AGES, other than my subscription to Bon Appetit. But I opened up the “centerfold” and it was a beautiful picture of zucchini parmesan toast.
I was immediately inspired to make something with zucchini, and I happened to have prosciutto in the fridge, along with some fresh mozzarella and a couple of frozen pizza crusts. All I needed was sauce.
While I’m sure marinara sauce would be just fine, I felt a garlicky alfredo sauce would best suit a prosciutto zucchini pizza. So I picked up a jar next time I was at the store. Trader Joe’s jarred alfredo sauce is by far the best we’ve tried.
My husband was worried the zucchini would need to be pre-cooked before putting it on the pizza. I’ve found that most toppings, even broccoli (one of my faves) get to the perfect amount of doneness when cooked right on the pizza. The zucchini came out cooked to perfection.
Now on to the details.
How to Make Prosciutto Zucchini Pizza
1 Zucchini, sliced thin
8 Slices Prosciutto
2 Pizza Crusts
6-8 Tablespoons Alfredo Sauce
8 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese (either fresh or shredded)
Black Pepper to Taste
Parmesan Cheese to Taste
Let the pizza crust sit out at room temperature per package instructions (20 minutes for the frozen Trader Joe’s crust)
Preheat the oven
When the crust and oven are ready, spread 3-4 tablespoons of Alfredo sauce on each crust
Layer the mozzarella cheese over the crust
Then layer the slices of zucchini, half the zucchini per pizza
Tear 4 of the pieces of prosciutto over each pizza
Crack fresh black pepper over the pizzas
Bake one pizza at a time per package directions
Finish off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
35 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
47 minTotal Time
- 1 Zucchini, sliced thin
- 8 Slices Prosciutto
- 2 Pizza Crusts
- 6-8 Tablespoons Alfredo Sauce
- 8 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese (either fresh or shredded)
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Parmesan Cheese to Taste
- Let the pizza crust sit out at room temperature per package instructions (20 minutes for the frozen Trader Joe's crust)
- Preheat the oven
- When the crust and oven are ready, spread 3-4 tablespoons of Alfredo sauce on each crust
- Layer the mozzarella cheese over the crust
- Then layer the slices of zucchini, half the zucchini per pizza
- Tear 4 of the pieces of prosciutto over each pizza
- Crack fresh black pepper over the pizzas
- Bake one pizza at a time per package directions
- Finish off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese