How many times have you had a holiday party to go to, and you were in charge of bringing a fun festive cocktail? Or maybe you’re hosting the party, and you want to wow your guests. Well, serve this Peppermint White Russian and everyone will instantly be in the holiday spirit. (This post contains affiliate links.)
I don’t know about you, but whenever I think about a White Russian, I think of The Dude. You know, from The Big Lebowski. So even the men should appreciate this festive version of his go-to beverage.
I have to admit, when I started playing around with different holiday cocktail recipes, I wasn’t so sure about using a coffee creamer in a martini. But then once I discovered how amazing it made this Caramel Apple Martini taste, I became a firm believer in their delicious powers.
How to Make a Peppermint White Russian
- 2 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz coffee liquor (Kahlua)
- 2 oz peppermint mocha coffee creamer
- 6 Starlight mints (red and green if possible but one color is fine)
- White chocolate sauce (like this one)
- Start by putting the Starlight mints in a zip top bag, and using a hammer or meat tenderizer to crush them up.
- Pour the crushed mints out onto a plate.
- Drizzle the white chocolate sauce around in a circle around another plate, estimating the circumference of the glass (it does not need to be exact).
- Dip the rim of a lowball glass into the white chocolate first, then into the crushed peppermints.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add the coffee liqueur, vodka, then creamer
I’m telling you. Each sip of a Peppermint White Russian is going to make any holiday party, or Saturday afternoon, feel more festive. I hope you enjoy it!