Welcome to How to Do Patriotic Star Hair, the first of many tutorials in a new series, 10 Minute Hair for Girls. I hope you find the video helpful, and easy to follow along with. (This post contains affiliate links)
My sister-in-law has searched high and low, and experimented on a daily basis practically, to find the cutest hairstyles for girls that take 10 minutes or less.
That means even though they may look complicated, anyone can accomplish these styles even on the busiest of mornings.
This Patriotic Star Hair was done in 7 minutes and 50 seconds. Yes, my sister in law has done it before so she had a slight edge. But I’ve tried this (and I am NOT proficient in hair), and I was able to do it in under 10 minutes.
Hope you enjoy!
How to Do Patriotic Star Hair in Under 8 Minutes
1) Spray the hair with a spray bottle to get the hair damp. You could also do this right out of the bath.
2) Brush the hair out.
3) Using a rat tail comb (this is crucial to get good parts) make a small section of ponytail on top of the head in the middle. This kind of elastic seems to work best, and you can use red, white, and blue!
4) Take another section on the left side and make a ponytail.
5) Then do the same on the right.
6) Take your comb and part the remaining hair down the middle.
7) Tie each remaining side into a ponytail.
8) Split the top middle ponytail in half.
9) Twist the left half of the hair down to the bottom left ponytail
10) Now twist the right half of the hair down to the bottom right ponytail
11) Now take the ponytail on the left side and split it into two parts.
12) Twist one half and tie it to the top right ponytail.
12) Twist the other half and tie it to the bottom right ponytail.
13) Take all of the top right side ponytail and twist it down to the bottom left ponytail.
14) Use double sided ribbon to tie bows on each side, and voila!
Check out the full video tutorial.
Don’t forget to pin it for later!