This is the perfect marinade for beef, pork, chicken, shrimp… pretty much anything you want to grill. It all started when we were at a barbecue in California a number of years ago. The host had grilled up some chicken and steak for tacos. My life was transformed (but that’s pretty normal for me when it comes to food), and I HAD to find out how he made it. Turns out, it was only four ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Horseradish
- Ground Black Pepper
- Stir all the ingredients together
- Marinate your meat of choice for anywhere from 2 to 24 hours
- Note: We've also added a good squirt of Sriracha for more Asian applications, like pork for Bahn Mi. And a spash of teriyaki sauce will add a hint of sweetness that's delicious as well. If you don't have fresh horseradish but happen to have wasabi in your fridge, feel free to sub.