I sometimes laugh at myself because all my favorite recipes seem to be cheesy, or creamy, or noodly of some nature. ALL things that are totally not the healthiest for you, but they’re just so damn delicious. This beef stroganoff ends up on our Weekly Dinner Menus quite often because it’s so easy, and is really tasty comfort food.
Sometimes I’ll add a side salad if I feel like we’re on the verge of getting scurvy, but usually I will count the mushrooms in it as the vegetable and call it good. I mean, why complicate something so un-complicated?
- 1 Lb Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 8 Oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Chopped White Onion
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
- 12 Oz Egg Noodles
- 6 Oz Sour Cream
- 4 Oz Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the egg noodles
- Meanwhile, drizzle some olive oil in a high sided skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions over medium heat until they're soft
- Add the garlic and ground beef/turkey
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cook until browned
- Add the sour cream, Parmesan, and Worcestershire to the ground beef/turkey mixture
- Stir until warmed through
- Add the cooked noodles
- Stir, dish up, finish off with some fresh cracked pepper, enjoy!