Warning, this Chocolate Chip Cookie Stout Ice Cream Float is not for the faint of heart. But if you like cookies, beer, and ice cream, you’ll love this dessert concoction. And since it’s St. Patrick’s Day, that’s the perfect excuse to have one for dessert, or lunch, or even breakfast!
The best part is, this stout ice cream float is really easy to assemble. The only question is whether you want to use Guiness or Murphy’s. I made on with each in order to give you a fair assessment. While they were both delicious, I ended up liking the Murphy’s a teeny bit better than the Guiness.
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Stout Ice Cream Float
What You’ll Need:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – I baked off a batch of the premade cookie dough balls
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Stout Beer (Murphy’s was my favorite)
- In a 32 oz beer mug or mason jar, layer the cookies and the ice cream almost all the way to the top of the cup.
- Pour the can of beer on top of the cookie/ice cream layers.
- Enjoy immediately with both a spoon and a straw, or a spoon-straw.
– I liked how pretty is was using the whole cookie, but it made the float a little easier to eat if the cookies were crumbled up first.
– It’s truly a magical combination!