Wanna know a secret? It only takes four ingredients and 10 minutes to make this incredibly easy chocolate chip cookie bar recipe.
We all know that the best recipes are those that are passed down from generation to generation.
Hello there! My name is Leslie and I am the writer and creator at the blog From Play Dates to Parties, where I share recipes, home decor, parties, and tips to help busy people like you fit creativity into your everyday activities.
As you probably guessed from my blog name, I love parties. It all started when I worked for my stepmother, who owned a successful catering company for over 20 years. She was a master at making amazing food, decor, and events look effortless.
One of the signature desserts we would serve during the holiday seasons was always brownie and cookie bars cut into festive triangles.
Have you ever tried to make cookie bars from scratch?
It’s not as easy as it seems. Most cookie dough recipes aren’t meant to be baked in a pan, so it’s difficult to get a consistent bake throughout. Either your edges get overcooked, or the middle is undercooked. It’s a bit of a chemistry conundrum.
BUT, it turns out that a totally different side of my family had the solution all along.
These cookie bars are my grandmother’s recipe that was passed down to me from my mother. They are so incredible, yet I’ve never seen another recipe like it.
This recipe eliminates all of the chemistry factors that make cookie bars so difficult to perfect. It has no eggs, no butter, and no flour to adjust. Best of all, it’s super easy and it only uses four ingredients!
So if you’re looking for an easy recipe to share this holiday season, give my grandma’s chocolate chip cookie bars a try. You will love the results.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 cups firmly packed fine graham cracker crumbs (about 24 graham crackers)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8x8x2″ pan with a double layer of parchment paper (see tips). Butter the top layer of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Mix in condensed milk until well blended.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the tip is golden brown.
- Remove immediately to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 16 2-inch squares.
Tips for Making Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Using scissors, cut two sheets of parchment paper the same width of your baking pan, and long enough to wrap over the sides of the pan. Criss-cross the sheets in the baking pan with a bit of oil between the sheets to help prevent sliding.
- When making the bars for a party, cut your squares into triangles and garnish with holiday-colored candies for a festive punch.
Thank you so much Jennifer, for having me over here today to share my (now, not-so-secret) family recipe for the best ever chocolate chip cookie bars. It’s been so much fun sharing with you!
I would love it if you would stop by From Play Dates to Parties to find more awesome recipes and holiday tips, like Gingerbread Magic Bars and Boozy Holiday Truffles. You can also connect with me over at Pinterest, Facebook, & Instagram