My husband definitely has the sweet tooth in the family. Sometimes after dinner he’ll just be craving some cookies, so he’ll whip up a batch as if it were as easy as pouring a bowl of cereal. It’s not too surprising, though, since my husband is also the cook in the family. Don’t get me wrong, I am extremely passionate about food and cooking. The way our lives have worked out though, he ends up doing it most of the time.
These Oatmeal Cookies are so easy. I literally went to put the kids in the tub, got them out, and the cookies were in the oven almost done baking. And they don’t require any weird ingredients, we always have this stuff in our pantry. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Softened Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Cups Oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients - except oatmeal - in a bowl (flour, baking soda, salt)
- Cream the brown sugar and butter with a mixer
- Add vanilla and eggs
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients
- Finally, add in the oatmeal stirring just enough to mix
- Dollop approximately (heaping) tablespoon sized portions onto a cooking sheet
- Cook 12 minutes
- And they're somewhat healthy, right, because of the oatmeal!