Yes that’s right. I said stinkiness. If you have babies or kids, fur or human, most likely you find yourself around some funky odors every now and then. I only have about two minutes, every two weeks, when I know I’ll come home and my house will have that newly cleaned smell when I walk in. And that’s only because we traded in our DirectTV for a housecleaner a few years ago. Best. Decision. Ever.
Moral of the story is that kids can be stinky, pets can be stinky, adults can be stinky. And you can be a complete disheveled mess with a to-do list a mile long, but if your senses are overcome with amazing smells, everything else seems to be not so bad.
When I first moved to Utah, one of my friend’s cousin’s mother’s sister’s daughter brought over some Scentsy samples one day. I was like “meh”. They all smelled great, but at the time I didn’t get it. Then someone gave me a warmer as a gift, and my life was seriously transformed. Well, my senses were at least. And that’s what led me to want to sell the stuff to spread the love (all of these links go to my personal Scentsy page).
10 Ways to Prevent Household Stinkiness
1) The most obvious way when thinking of Scentsy is to use a Warmer. There are so many cute designs ranging from small to large, that fit every style of decor. I am addicted to all of the fun designs.
2) Next, I would recommend investing in some Room Sprays. They’re awesome for a quick spritz refresher. And I’ve even heard of people that spray it on themselves for a little added freshness.
3) Only recently did I discover this sneaky trick of putting a Travel Tin at the bottom of your trash can. Then every time you open it you catch whiffs of yumminess instead of rotting food or diapers (because really, who has time to deal with a Diaper Genie)
4) If you want to infuse your space with some essential oil action, try the beautiful diffusers that you can customize with color, light, and mist settings. They also have kid friendly diffusers and oils that are way cute.
5) This is one that I’m really bummed I didn’t discover until my babies were not so much babies anymore. The Sidekick Baby Buddy is scented with Newborn Nursery and has crinkly legs, teething rings and knee socks that move up and down. So cute right! Make sure baby takes this everywhere and they will always have that new baby smell following them.
6) Got smelly laundry?
Maybe not you, but other people in the house perhaps? Try tying a Scent Circle on to your laundry baskets. You’ll be able to put off the laundry for at least a few more days!
7) Do your kids have a tendency to acquire random smells in their school backpacks? Forgotten snacks or PE socks perhaps? These Buddy Clips are filled with scented beads and each have their own unique flavor. Clip them right on the backpack and you can be rest assured that people will notice your kid smelling sweet instead of sour.
8) Do you have stinky gym bags? I don’t because the gym and I don’t get along… But if you do, the Scent Paks are perfect to just keep in there at all times.
9) This is a genius hack that a fellow fan mentioned. Add a couple of cubes to some baking powder and let sit overnight. Now sprinkle it on the carpet before vacuuming and you’ll release freshness instead of that wet dog odor that has a tendency to happen.
10) Groom yourself with the stuff. I was amazed at all the different ways you can Scentsy. There’s laundry, household cleaners and soaps, and even grooming essentials for men, women, and kids! We started using the Bath Smoothie, which is a sulfite-free hair and body wash, on our daughter and she loves it.
And there you have it folks, the best ways to keep your house smelling amazing at all times. Do you have any favorite tricks?