Gibson is our first baby. We have always wanted the best for him, including what he ate. He had to have double hip surgery before he was even one, so we’ve always had to watch his diet. We stay away from human food (except for the occasional carrot), and give him very few treats. These are great because you can make them as big or as little as you want.
Since we just use a little bone or fire hydrant shaped cookie cutter, this recipe makes a TON! A lot of times I’ll half it and still get a couple months worth.
They also make great Christmas presents for you furry loving friends!
- 4 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 2 cups organic quick oats
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup organic natural peanut butter
- Mix all the ingredients together either using a dough hook on an electric mixer, or your hands
- Form into a big ball
- Roll out flat with a rolling pin
- Use cookie cutters to make fun shapes, or just use a pizza cutter to make squares
- Lay on a cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes