I love putting unique toppings on my pizza, so much so that my husband rarely wants to eat them. Which is okay with me because then I get them all to myself. Unless, of course, my 15 month old is hungry… which is always… then he’ll want some as well. That being said, I realize these are not unusual ingredients, but often things I have in my fridge anyway for other meals. There’s something about this combination, though, that’s really delicious.
- Thin Pizza Crust (I love the frozen ones at Trader Joe's, but any pre-made crust or even flatbread would do)
- Jar of Pesto
- 1 Pound Bag of Baby Spinach
- 4 Oz Sliced Mushrooms
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated Parmesan
- Follow the instructions if your crust needs to thaw or proof, otherwise just put the crust on a cutting board
- Spread some pesto evenly over the crust in a light layer. I'd say you end up using a few tablespoons.
- Sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella over the pesto
- Pile the spinach high on top of the cheese. How much you use will depend on the size of the crust, but it shrinks down a lot so be sure to use plenty.
- Place the mushrooms evenly around. Again, these will shrink when they cook so be generous.
- It should look similar to this before going into the oven
- Follow the cooking instructions for the crust on cooking time and temperature. I like to go a little more on the crispy side to get that browned cheese.
- Let it rest for a minute after you take it out of the oven
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan generously over the pizza, cut and enjoy!