What do you do when you have Fireball and eggnog left over from a party? Make Spiked Cinnamon Eggnog French Toast of course! Before we get into that though, let me back up and talk about how delicious Fireball and eggnog are together. I could write an entire post just on that, but since it’s only two ingredients I didn’t think it was truly a “recipe”. They are, however, key components to this recipe, I highly suggest trying a few “Firenogs” before making your French Toast.
Spiked Cinnamon Eggnog French Toast
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 Cup Fireball or Cinnamon Whisky
- 10 oz Egg Nog (I used light for this only because it was all I had left… given the option I’d go full fat.)
- Thick white bread (this is a French sliced Brioche from Trader Joe’s)
- 3 Eggs (I only used 2 but it needed one more)
- Powdered sugar and butter for topping
How to make it:
- Start by getting your skillet or pan hot over medium high heat
- While it’s heating up, mix the whisky, eggnog, and eggs together in a flat high sided dish
- Dip the bread in the mixture and let soak for a minute
- Spray your pan with cooking spray – We use the coconut oil spray (I know the tendency is to use butter, but the spray gives a nice crispy outer layer without burning)
- When the pan is hot, put the toast on the pan and cook each side for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown
- Finish off with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and lots of butter! You could top with syrup as well if you’re a syrup kind of person, which I’m not.
Don’t worry, the flavor of the cinnamon whiskey is fairly subtle. My husband was worried it would be overpowering and “liquory”, but it’s not at all. It adds the perfect amount of flavor!