Frito Pie, or sometimes called a walking taco, brings me back to my childhood in the South. They sell them at every sporting event, fair, and festival. It’s just a single serve bag of Fritos, open it up and pour on some chili (no beans), and cheese sauce. How can something so basic and bad for you, be so damn delicious? I’ve taken the general idea, and turned it into another camping staple.
- Corn Chips
- Chili (no bean is my preference but it's not as easy to find at Trader Joe's)
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Heat the chili
- Spoon it over the corn chips
- Sprinkle generously with the cheese
- Finish with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole
- There you go, easy delicious camp food!