Who doesn’t love a good banana muffin? But then you add chocolate chips, and they are soooo much better. And THEN you make them with cream cheese, and holy cow they are the best thing ever!
One evening my daughter got it in her head that she wanted to make banana chocolate chip muffins. For some reason I was feeling spontaneous instead of lazy and decided, why not? We also had some cream cheese in the fridge that needed to get used up, so I decided to make them cream cheese banana chocolate chip muffins.
If you know me, you know I’ll try to add cheese to anything and everything possible. The cream cheese made them so moist and delicious, I ate them for breakfast every day until they were gone. They almost borderline on a super dense cupcake, but I feel like calling them muffins makes them sounds healthier.
How to Make Cream Cheese Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
3/4 Cup Softened Butter
8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
3 Small or 2 Large Mashed Bananas
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Sugar
3 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 3/4 Cups Chocolate Chunks or Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line 24 muffin cups with liners
- Spray with coconut pan spray
- (Flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda)
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients except the sugar
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, bananas, vanilla, sugar with a mixer on low-medium speed
- Then add the eggs in making sure each one gets completely mixed in
- Slowly add the mixture of dry ingredients, careful not to go too quickly or it will fly everywhere
- Last but not least, stir in the chocolate chunks/chips
- Fill the muffin cups a little over 3/4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center-most muffin.