Tacos have to be one of the most versatile, delicious dishes, right up there with nachos. There are so many amazing variations. This is one of our favorite, easy go-to recipes. As with everything we cook, it is not an exact science. If you want to use any other type of seafood instead of shrimp, go for it!
- 1 lb Shrimp - You can use cooked or uncooked, large or small, but my personal preference is medium, raw, tail off.
- 6" Tortillas - Either corn or flour but typically I like white corn.
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 4 Limes
- 9oz Shredded Coleslaw
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt (Greek is great, regular is fine too)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Dill
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Minced Capers
- Cayenne Pepper or Finely Minced Chipotle Pepper, to taste
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, and juice of one lime together in a bowl.
- Add the spices (cumin, dill, oregano) and stir.
- Add capers, your cayenne or chipotle, and 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- Mix approximately half of this dressing with the shredded cabbage to make slaw.
- Add the juice from another half-lime to thin dressing slightly and serve as a sauce when you assemble your taco.
- Once you have the sauce and slaw made, cook the shrimp in a pan drizzled with olive oil over medium heat for just a couple minutes, or until they are pink.
- Start assembling; tortilla, shrimp, slaw, drizzle extra dressing, garnish with more cilantro and a squirt of lime.
- In the tacos pictured, I also added a dollop of sour cream, some green sriracha, and queso fresco... let your creative side be free!