I remember the first time my sister-in-law brought this buffalo chicken crack dip to a party. It may sound silly, but my life was changed. How had I not known that this combination of ingredients could be so magical together?
Turns out, there’s a reason this particular dip has been dubbed “crack dip”. And no, it’s not because there’s crack in it. It’s just so damn delicious that once you bring it to a party, you’ll never be able to attend another party without it.
There are actually a number of iterations on the dish. The first time I made it, I tried keeping it warm in the crock pot and it ended up all blending together. It was still delicious, but just slightly different.
Then one of my friends started making it and bringing it to parties, and hers is slightly different still. In fact, she’s the one that took some of these great pictures for me last time she made it. She uses ranch instead of blue cheese dressing, and cheddar instead of mozzarella cheese on top.
There are times that I will use both ranch AND blue cheese dressing, as well as both cheddar AND mozzarella cheese on top. Because you can never have too much cheese, right? But here’s the basis from where it all started.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Crack Dip
Ingredients – for a 9×13 pan
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 lb cooked and pulled chicken (you can use chicken breast, thigh, or sometimes I’ll get the rotisserie chicken and pull the meat off of that)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (like Frank’s), plus extras for drizzling
- 3/4 cup blue cheese dressing (you could also use ranch instead, or mix the two half and half)
- 6 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheddar, or mix the two half and half)
- Chopped scallions for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°
1.Take your chicken and cook it
2. Shred it
3. Then toss it in the 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
4. Now layer your baking dish with the softened cream cheese, then buffalo chicken, then spread the blue cheese dressing, and sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles on top of it all
5. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top
6. Drizzle with a little extra buffalo sauce
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly
Now go forth and have ye life changed forever.