Whenever we are getting ready for a camping trip, I start looking for yummy, easy meals to serve. We have our stand-by camping recipes, but I also love trying new things.
These 9 awesome ideas should be enough to get you through any big camping trip. There are some really delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack ideas. I like to have each day planned out by meal, and I try to do as much prep at home as possible.
I especially love the foil pocket recipes to minimize on the dish-doing, but honestly if you have a couple of wash tubs (among these other camp kitchen necessities), dishes aren’t really that bad. Just heat up a large pot of water on the stove pour the water into one tub for soapy washing, and the other tub for rinsing.
Here are a few of the best that I’ve found.
9 Awesome Camping Recipes (Updated July, 2017)
1. This Shrimp and Scallop Boil from Life Currents looks like foil pocket cooking in serious style!
2. Absolutely everything in My Organized Chaos’ Breakfast Scramble looks amazing enough to put on the regular weekend breakfast rotation, not just camping!
3. Pretty genius to add a ranch packet to this foil pocket, by Thrifty DIY Diva:
4) This is so right up my alley! Camping Curry from A Side of Sweet is the perfect thing to mix up the camping menu.
5) This Avocado Hummus Chicken Wrap may sound fancy, but it’s one of our easiest go-to lunches when camping!
6) Camping Oatmeal from A Side of Sweet looks like it could fuel you for a long time!
7) Foil packets win out again with this Garlic Salmon and Summer Vegetable meal from Melanie Cooks!
8) Ready for a little dessert? Grilled Caramel Apple Crunch from Coffee with Us 3 will break up the monotony of the ever present s’more!
9) I can’t remember the last time we went camping and didn’t have a variation of the Frito Pie. I call it the Fancy Camping Frito Pie because it’s a delicious twist on the original.
What’s your favorite meal when camping?
Here are some other posts you may enjoy:
Let’s stay in touch! Prevent FOMO and sign up here for awesome updates to your inbox.