Just when you feel like you’ve finally gotten rid of the holiday treats lingering around your house, Valentine’s Day shows up and the kids start coming home with candy galore. Come February that is the LAST thing my belly needs. Not to mention my daughter already talks non-stop, she sure doesn’t need any help from a box of heart-shaped sugar.
That’s why we’ve decided to go with candy-free valentines this year. These days there are so many ideas out there on Pinterest, but I thought these 8 were especially adorable, and I could actually see them being pretty easy to throw together. Now the tough part, deciding which one to do!
8 Candy-Free Valentines:
1) “You Rule” from relocatedliving.com is the perfect valentine for school kids.
2) “Hey Cutie, Orange you glad we go to school together?” I did this one last year for my little girl’s preschool class, and it was a hit!
3) I love this “Bee My Valentine” from PolkaDotChair.com. I think I’m going to make these this year.
4) This adorable idea from gluedtomycrafts.com has a free printable on the site!
5) “Awesome Sauce”, seriously? I wish I had come up with this one from viewfromthefridge.com, it’s so cute and it totally counts as fruit!
6) My daughter really wants to do this one from frugalcouponliving.com because she loooooves Goldfish.
(Edit – this is in fact the one we did for her Preschool class last year.)
7) Here’s another really cute one from relocatedliving.com that’s fun!
8) Last but not least, this valentine from yourmodernfamily.com is very cool. You could make them and give them with a card that says “My Heart is Yours”!
Have your kids done any of these? How did they turn out?