I debated making this a list of 10 “unique” fondue dippers, but there are just some things I feel are necessary for a fondue party. Our friends throw one or two of these a year and we’re always trying to come up with unique dippers to add to the mix. They always do one or two cheeses, and a chocolate. I am more of a savory girl so my faves will be geared towards the cheese fondue.
1. Bread – a classic vessel for the cheese
2. Broccoli – best way to eat your veggies, dipping it in the cheese for a few seconds blanches it to delicious perfection
3. Salami – it’s like delicious melty charcuterie on a stick
4. Baby Potatoes – halved fingerlings or Trader Joe’s “teeny tiny potatoes” cooked just long enough so they don’t fall apart in the cheese
5. Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts – this will make a convert of any brussel sprout skeptic
6. Meatballs – talk about comfort food
7. Pretzel Bites – these go especially well with the beer cheese fondue
8. Asparagus – I would cut it in half and cook it slightly
9. Tenderloin Tips – beef tenderloin cooked and diced into 1″ chunks
10. Shrimp – needs no explanation
What are your favorite fondue dippers?